Thursday, December 10, 2009

"You Are"

On the dark windy road, I left the Mendocino county line. Eyes drained of energy and singing to my tunes of hope. I sang to Wicked's "defying gravity" Have I seen Wicked? No. But the song- heard- love it. And in my state of emotional exhaustion yet relief to be leaving the darkness behind- I sang at the top of my lungs- hoping that some relief- some spiritual core in me would stir and my eyes would be clear. My eyes- didn't clear- after about the third round of Defying gravity and the lyrics "and you won't bring me down"- I realized: What I am wanting is the humaness of another to say: Heather "you are".

In biblical text: "I am" is prevolent. I won't kid you I have no I idea where in bible this is, but through out my life I had heard "i am" in the connection of recognizing God. The spirit. And I realized in my eye redened state and over dose of emotions. That "I am" is about recognition. And in everyone's life- they each deserve the right to say "I am". And for community to work- family to work- there needs to be a balance of "I am" with "you are". I hope to recognized this balance in each of my relationships whether family, friend, work, romantic, etc.

Defying gravity of recognition- defying recognition of difference and the ability and confidence to say: "You are".

When getting home from my stuff I had to do... I settled in with a cup of tea to find a quote on the end with "you are" in it. Funny how life works that way. Thanks Twinlings, or whatever tea company for being intune- and hitting it right on the nail.

You are.
Recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment