Saturday, March 24, 2012

Set the Balls Down

Grad School- Thesis-IRB Application- Practicum Search- Work- Student Groups- Volunteer- Somehow manage a social life- and date. Those are a lot of balls in the air. This morning experiencing a chaotic catch up- I realized I am all over the place. My support I was talking to expressed- is it really chaotic? Or is it all the balls are in the air and you keep needing to tend to all of them so they don't fall down. What would happen if you placed the balls down and tended to them one by one- designated a time for each.

I work in metaphor. Balls in the air feels fitting of this chapter- this semester- this time I am trying to manage. Instead of managing- how about "Just be". Instead of trying to tend to all things at once- one thing, one day at a time. I was feeling overwhelmed about the amount of things in my life- but now I want to fully embrace. It's this projects turn to have my attention. Then in a few hours or tomorrow, the next.

Today is about patting myself on the back and telling myself- "you got this girl" and tending to one thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment